Imagine a life free from worry. Does it seem like an impossible goal? While we’ll never be completely free from worry, many people don’t l
Your guide to life in Singapore. Singapore visas, citizenship and more.
How is life in Singapore?
Singapore Visas and permits
The Employment Pass
This work permit is for those that have a job offer in Singapore and are foreign professionals, managers and executives. Candidates need to earn at least $3,900 a month (approx USD 2,800) and have acceptable qualifications. The employer or agent needs to apply on behalf of the candidate. It is a 2 year work pass which can be renewed for periods of 3 years thereafter.
Here is the official government website for the Employment Pass Visa.
Personalised Employment Pass
This is for eligible high-earning foreign professionals. It is not tied to an employer and offers greater flexibility for those who earn either:
- At least $18,000 (Approx USD 13,000) per month overseas. Your last drawn salary should have been within 6 months before you apply.
- An Employment Pass holder earning a fixed monthly salary of at least $12,000 (Approx USD8700).
Here is the official government website for the Personalised Employment Pass.
Other Work Permits include
- S Pass for mid-level skilled staff. Candidates need to earn at least $2,200 a month and meet the assessment criteria.
- Work permits for semi-skilled foreign workers in the construction, manufacturing, marine shipyard, process or services sector.
- Work Permits for domestic workers.
Here is the full list of Personalised Employment Pass.
Set Up a company in Singapore
This requires at least one director whose ordinarily a resident in Singapore (i.e. usual place of residence is in Singapore).
You can apply for an Singapore EntrePass (the visa that entitles founders and entrepreneurs to Singapore residency) if you:
- Have started, or intend to start, a private limited company registered with ACRA.
- If registered, the company must be less than 6 months old on the date you apply.
- If not registered, you can do so after you know the outcome of your application.
- Meet any of the following innovative criteria for application as an entrepreneur, innovator or investor.
Youth Mobility Visa
- If you are an Australian, French, German, Swiss, Hong Kong, Japanese, New Zealand, UK or US citizen between the ages of 18-30, you may be eligible under the Working Holiday Visa programme (for up to 6 months). Note: you may need a letter of government support to undertake this type of visa.
Singapore Family Visas
If your spouse is a citizen or permanent resident of Singapore, you are probably eligible for residency. Please note that your status of spouse needs to be legally recognised in this country.
Short Term Travel Visas – Singapore
The requirements for travel visas to Singapore are different depending on which passport you have. To find out if you need a tourist visa to visit Singapore, please use the VisaHQ tool to the right.
South-East Asia is fast becoming a preferred destination for those who want to get away from a daily commute and a 9-5 job. We take a look at fr
Here are some of the ways you can get citizenship in Singapore:
- If your mother was a citizen of Singapore when you were born and you were born on or after 15 May 2004, you are a citizen of Singapore.
- If your father was a citizen of Singapore when you were born, you are a Singapore citizen if he was married to your mother at the time of your birth.
- If your spouse is a citizen, you can apply for citizenship after living together in Singapore for a period of 2 years. Please note that your status of spouse needs to be legally recognised in this country.
Expat health insurance cost can vary considerably, depending on several factors, so choosing the right policy is critical. As Expats ourselves, we kno
You are moving abroad, and that is exciting! Now, how do you make sure that all your treasured possessions get safely to your new home? We’ll lo
US Citizens living abroad need private health insurance in case of any illness or injury. Health insurance will not only help you avoid hefty medical
Moving overseas is a new beginning that gives you the chance to follow your dream and live an exciting and life-changing adventure. Thousands of peopl