Business in the country is based on trust so take time to socialise and preferably meet new business contacts through a third party. Before a deal is closed, there is often an exchange of gifts. These should be nicely wrapped, and opened later in private.
Long Stay Visitors Visa
When you arrive in the Philippines, citizens of most countries can get a 30 day visitor visa. You can then apply for a long stay visitor visa extension. This visa is for 6 months and can be renewed. The official website for this visa is located here.
Special Resident Retiree’s Visa (SRRV)
The Special Resident Retiree’s Visa (SRRV) is a visa for those wishing to retire to the Philippines or make an investment. It is a multiple entry visa with special tax and other concessions. There are a few option as follows:
- Deposit US$20,000 in an accredited bank
- Invest over US$ 20,000 in Real Estate if you are over the age of 50
- Prove a pension of at least US$800 for single / US$1,000 for couple if you are over the age of 50
- Invest over US$ 50,000.00 in Real Estate if you are between 35 and 49 years of age.
- For retirees who are unwell and need medical care over the age of 35 years, you can get this visa if you have a monthly pension of at least US$1,500.00, a health insurance policy and make a bank deposit of US$10,000
To find out if you need a tourist visa to visit Philippines, please use the VisaHQ tool below.
Citizenship by Birth
If you were born in this country, you are most likely a citizen.
Citizenship by Descent
If one or both of your parents were citizens when you were born, you are probably also a citizen.
Citizenship by Naturalization
After living in the Philippines for 10 years you can apply for citizenship by naturalization. You need to be over the age of 21, own property and have a way of earning an income.
Philippine Special Investor’s Resident Visa (SIRV) -If you invest more than US $75,000 in approved investments or shares of stocks in existing, new or proposed corporations the Philippines, you can apply for the SIRV residency permit.