Expat health insurance cost can vary considerably, depending on several factors, so choosing the right policy is critical. As Expats ourselves, we kno
Your guide to Dominica Passports, visas and citizenship
Work or Business
Working for a local company is only possible if you are filling a niche and so getting a work permit can be quite difficult and most expats moving to the island start their own business or work online.
A number of documents are needed to complete the work permit application, including a contract from a local employer for the duration of a year and the results from a medical test. Applicants must also have a return ticket to their home country or pay a deposit that could cover the cost for transport.
Dominican work permits have a standard validity of one year, but can be renewed, and all non-nationals need one in order to work in the country.
To find out if you need a tourist visa to visit Dominica, please use the VisaHQ tool below.
- If your spouse is a citizen or permanent resident , you are eligible for residency. If your spouse is a citizen, you can apply for citizenship after being resident for a period of 5 years. Please note that your status of spouse needs to be legally recognised in this country.
- See the citizenship section below for more information on residency or citizenship based on descent.
Here some of the ways to get citizenship in Dominica:
Please see the next tab for full details on getting a passport for Dominica through investment
Through your family
- If you were born in this country, you are most likely a citizen.
- If one or both of your parents were citizens when you were born, you are probably also a citizen.
- If your spouse is a citizen, you can apply for citizenship after being resident for a period of 5 years. Please note that your status of spouse needs to be legally recognised in this country.
You are moving abroad, and that is exciting! Now, how do you make sure that all your treasured possessions get safely to your new home? We’ll lo
US Citizens living abroad need private health insurance in case of any illness or injury. Health insurance will not only help you avoid hefty medical
Moving overseas is a new beginning that gives you the chance to follow your dream and live an exciting and life-changing adventure. Thousands of peopl