Imagine a life free from worry. Does it seem like an impossible goal? While we’ll never be completely free from worry, many people don’t l
Your guide to moving to Chile. Visas, citizenship and residency.
Why live in Chile?
Though mass immigration hasn’t found its way to Chile yet, about half a million immigrants enjoy the country’s stable economy, relatively low cost of daily life and Latin America’s highest standard of living. The Chilean government is currently looking to update their immigration policy, which could make it easier for expats to move in the near future.
Career opportunities can be found in different fields. Chile is home to about a quarter of the world’s copper and the wine industry is also thriving; the country is currently the world’s 5th largest exporter. Apart from career opportunities, Chile is home to a number of extraordinary and unique places that can’t be found anywhere else in the world.
Easter Island is a world famous example, but Chilean Patagonia is also a magnificent place to explore and one of the cleanest spots on earth. The climate varies greatly and whether you like hiking in the mountains or chilling on a beach or both, there is a place for everyone in Chile.
Chilean countryside seems endless, but a third of the people live in Santiago, a city of 14 million. The official language spoken in the country is Spanish and English fluency is not widespread so building friendships and finding a job will be a lot easier if you speak Spanish or are willing to learn.
- If you are the founder of an innovative startup, or have experience in innovative startups you may be eligible for a Startup visa
Youth Mobility Visa
- If you are an Australian Citizen between the ages of 18-30, you may be eligible under the Working and Holiday Visa programme. Note: you may need a letter of government support to undertake this type of visa.
To find out if you need a tourist visa to visit Chile, please use the VisaHQ tool below.
- If your spouse is a citizen or permanent resident , you are eligible for residency. Please note that your status of spouse needs to be legally recognised in this country.
- See the citizenship section below for more information on residency or citizenship based on descent.
Applying for a student visa could be the best personal, academic and professional decision you can ever make. Challenging yourself to live in a differ
Here are some of the ways to get citizenship in Chile:
- If one or both of your parents were citizens when you were born, you are probably also a citizen.
- If one or both of your grandparents were citizens when you were born, you can apply for citizenship.
- If your spouse is a citizen, you can apply for citizenship after being resident for a period of 5 years. Please note that your status of spouse needs to be legally recognised in this country
Moving overseas is a new beginning that gives you the chance to follow your dream and live an exciting and life-changing adventure. Thousands of peopl
If you have used our moving abroad checklist, you know there are numerous tasks to deal with when planning your move. And, one of the key tasks on the
Expat health insurance cost; the best Expat health insurance; international health insurance. At its best, Expat life is incredible. But, it can be ex