If you have used our moving overseas checklist, you know there are numerous tasks to deal with when planning your move. And, one of the key tasks on t
Mauritius citizenship, visas, and residency.
Immigration to Mauritius is rising every year. This increase is not surprising as living and working in Mauritius is an appealing package. Mauritius citizenship and a passport give you excellent opportunities on the island and beyond. There are several visas and residency permits for those looking to immigrate to Mauritius. These options include a superb Citizenship by Investment and Residency by Investment program. Many of the visas and residency permits are pathways to citizenship.
Why is immigration to Mauritius popular?
Mauritius Economy and Infrastructure
Save to Pinterest:
Mauritius Visas and Residence Permits
If your spouse is a citizen or permanent resident of Mauritius, you are probably eligible for residency. If your spouse is a citizen, you can apply for citizenship after living together in Mauritius for a period of four years. Please note that your status of spouse needs to be legally recognised in this country.
Occupation Work Permits
Investor occupation permit
A director and shareholder of a company can apply for this permit. You need to meet the following requirements:
- The company must generate a turnover of more than 12 million Mauritius Rupees (MUR) over three years (about US$300,000).
- Annual turnover should be more than MUR 2 million (about US$50,000).
- An investment of at least USD$110,000 needs to be made for each investor applying for the permit.
- There are allowances made for investors who purchase high technology machines and equipment.
- There is a lower investment threshold for the founders of innovative Start-Ups. (See our article here for other global Start-Up Visa options for founders)
Professional Occupation Permit
There are two requirements for this permit.
- Your profession needs to be on the approved list.
- You need to have a minimum monthly salary of MUR 60,000 (approx US$1,500). This limit is only MUR 30,000 for ICT professionals.
Self-Employed Occupation Permit
For self-employed people, there are again two criteria.
- You must transfer USD$ 35,000 to your local bank account in Mauritius.
- In the three years before your application, your business should have generated a minimum of MUR 2,400,000 income (approx US$60,000).
- The annual income of the company must be at least MUR 600,000 (approx US$15,000).
Sponsored Work Permit
Young Professional Occupation Permit
Save to Pinterest
Advantages of Mauritius Citizenship
Mauritius Citizenship Through Family Decent
Mauritius Citizenship by marriage
Mauritius Citizenship by Naturalisation
Mauritius Residency by Investment
Approved Investment Visa
Income Generating Business Investment Visa
Integrated Resort Scheme (IRS) and Real Estate Scheme (RES)
Smart City Scheme and Ground+2 Apartment Scheme (RP)
Mauritius Citizenship by Investment
Have you experienced immigrating to Mauritius? Share your story on living and working in Mauritius, and Mauritius visas, work permits and residency!
Health is the number one prerequisite for every adventure you plan, and unfortunately, it can be very unpredictable. It is essential to do your resear