Home to about 172.000 people, St. Lucia is one of the ‘bigger’ Caribbean islands. The country’s business environment has attracted many immigrants and that is only one of the things that make Saint Lucia a great place to work. The people of St. Lucia are well educated and the infrastructure and port facilities are good, making it an inviting place for foreign investors.
St. Lucia is more mountainous than other Caribbean islands and there is plenty of beauty to see and enjoy. The famous twin peaks that form ‘The Pitons’, a drive-in volcano, the Saint Lucia jazz festival, scuba diving and the delicious cuisine are all things you must experience when you’re living on the island.
The official language of the country is English, but the majority of the population also speaks Saint Lucian Creole French. Trade and tourism are both essential to the island’s economy; over 350.000 people visit every year. Local products are of great quality and cheap, housing is reasonably priced and while imported products can be expensive, the sunshine and beaches are free and the cost of living is still cheaper compared to other Caribbean countries.
Business culture on the island is unlike most places. Meetings generally start with prayer, rarely begin at the agreed time and often include food. People communicate in a direct way and honesty is highly appreciated.
To find out if you need a tourist visa to visit Saint Lucia, please use the VisaHQ tool below.
- If your spouse is a citizen or permanent resident , you are eligible for residency. Please note that your status of spouse needs to be legally recognised in this country.
- If one or both of your parents were citizens when you were born, you are probably also a citizen.
- If your spouse is a citizen or permanent resident, you are eligible for residency. If your spouse is a citizen, you can apply for citizenship. Please note that your status of spouse needs to be legally recognised in this country.
Citizenship by Investment
St Lucia has a respected Citizenship by Investment process. There are 4 pathways.
- Contribute a non-refundable $100,000 to the St Lucia national development fund. Note, this amount increases for each family member included on the application.
- Invest more than $300,000 in an approved real estate program.
- Invest more than $3,500,000 in an approved enterprise project.
- Purchase a minimum of $500,000 in non-interest bearing government bonds.
Please see the Investment Visa section form more details.
Citizenship by Investment
- If you contribute a minimum of USD$100,000 to the Saint Lucia National Economic Fund, you can apply for citizenship. The exact amount is dependent on the size of your immediate family as follows:
- Applicant applying alone: US$100,000
- Applicant applying with spouse: US$165,000
- Applicant applying with spouse and up to two (2) other qualifying dependents: US$190,000
- Each additional qualifying dependent, of any age: US$25,000
- If you invest more than USD$300,000 in approved Real Estate, you can apply for citizenship.
- If you invest more than USD$3,500,000 in an Approved Enterprise Project, you can apply for citizenship.
- If you purchase non-interest bearing Government Bonds to the value of USD$500,000 (or more depending on the size of your family) you can apply for citizenship.
The due diligence fees, processing fees and government fees are to be paid in addition to the above mentioned investment requirements depending on the investment option chosen.
The application must be submitted through a registered agent. There is an application form that you’ll need to complete.
The St Lucia government website has more information on the requirements and the application process here.
You can download a copy of the application form here.
Here is a full list of Authorised Agents.