This former British colony attracts many tourists to its beautiful beaches, breath-taking scenery and warm climate. Imagine not just going there for a holiday, but having a job on one of the islands and enjoying this place every day.
The service industry, tourism and offshore finance are very important for St. Kitts and Nevis’ economy. During the Global Financial Crisis the economy of the island was impacted, but since 2014 the economy has been growing again and over 200.000 visitors come here every year, which is amazing considering the permanent population on the islands is only 52.000.
The weather is great year round and the water temperature is always perfect for a swim. Volcanoes formed the islands and while none of them are active nowadays, the volcanoes did create beautiful surroundings with lush forests that are perfect for hikes and offer incredible views from the summit of the tallest mountain.
The capital city Basseterre is home to 18.000 people and this is where most business happens. From here, other places on the island are easy accessible by roads in perfect condition. Socializing is big and locals are friendly and open to each other and visitors. Their friendliness is something that really stands out and that travellers often remember vividly after a visit. The education on the islands is of a high standard and good health care is also available in the hospital on St. Kitts.
To find out if you need a tourist visa to visit Saint Kitts and Nevis, please use the VisaHQ tool below.
If your spouse is a citizen or permanent resident, you are eligible for residency. Please note that your status of spouse needs to be legally recognised in this country.
Citizenship By investment
- Real Estate: You may qualify for citizenship if you make an investment in a pre-approved real estate project for a minimum of US$200,000 (resalable after 7 years) or US$400,000 (resalable after 5 years) for each main applicant. Processing fees payable are US$7,500 for the main applicant, and US$4,000 for each dependent of the main applicant who is over the age of 16 years. Government Fees upon approval are US$35,047 for the main applicant, US$20,047 for the spouse and US$10,047 for any other dependent of the main applicant regardless of age.
- Sustainable Growth Fund (SGF): As of April 2018, you can get citizenship of St Kitts and Nevis if you contribute USD$150,000, inclusive of government fees, to the Sustainable Growth Fund. The fund will benefit St Kitts and Nevis in sustainable areas such as healthcare, education, alternative energy, heritage, infrastructure, tourism and culture, climate change and resilience, and the promotion of indigenous entrepreneurship. For a family of four you need to contribute USD$195,000 and for each family member after that an additional USD$25,000.
Through your Family
- If one or both of your parents were citizens when you were born, you are probably also a citizen.
- If your spouse is a citizen, you can apply for citizenship. Please note that your status of spouse needs to be legally recognised in this country.
St Kitts and Nevis is one of the jewels of the Caribbean. Made up of two islands, there are over 50,000 residents who enjoy all year sun, beautiful beaches and great connections to Europe and the USA.
A passport from St Kitts and Nevis will give you visa free access to 126 countries worldwideincluding the Schengen countries and almost all of South America.
- The St Kitts Citizenship by Investment programme is the oldest in the world so you can be safe that you are applying to well-respected programme with a long track record
- Applications can be completed within four months and there is no need to travel to St Kitts during the application process
- Once successful, there is no minimum requirement to be in St Kitts